Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1 Mel, 3 shows

Mel the Office Gamer Girl's 3 shows

Mel, gamer girl


I wanted to take the time to explain the 3 video series that I do for those who haven't seen any of my videos yet or for those that have but would like to know a little bit more.
Mel the Office Gamer Girl is the main series. It's kind of part educational, part review. I discuss obscure video games, how to play them, and whether I think they're worth taking a look at or not. I don't take a lot of time to write the scripts, but it's a tedious and long process playing all the games and editing all of the gameplay and audio. In the end what I end up with is a video that can be anywhere between 2 minutes, to 10 minutes depending on how many games are covered in a single episode.
I don't stick to a particular console or genre of game, I try to go over a variety of games. I feel that these games are under-appreciated and encourage people to check them out for themselves.
The second series is Vistas of Game. It came about when I didn't have the time to do a full episode of Mel the office gamer girl every week anymore but I still wanted to release content. Its a simple series with a simple format. Straight up gameplay. It's like if you were to combine a “let's play” video with Cinematech but the clips are from retro games and it's got adhd. Something like that. Short clips from various games across all systems just mashed all together for your enjoyment. It's also something cool to play in the background at a party.
Mel After Work is the new series I've been working on. Along with my regular office job, I'm a certified bartender. I didn't want my skills to rust so this is a show about mixing delicious drinks. It has absolutely nothing to do with video games, that is, until I start mixing video game themed drinks. Well, nothing goes better with gaming than a fine beverage. So mix yourself a drink watching this show, then enjoy your drink while watching my other videos. The first episode of Mel After Work will be released sometime later and will be exclusive to Space Monkey Mafia Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment