Tuesday, December 28, 2010

About Mr. Fribbles

Didn't know that my penguin had a name did you? Well, he didn't always have a name. Back in the summer time I had a contest to name my penguin mascot. It was posted on facebook of course, and the prize was a large box of Japanese mochi snacks. It was a tough choice to make as there were a lot of great entries. So then where did Mr. Fribbles come from? Well, he's from the very first episode of my video series. The episode was Pikiinya. Pikiinya was also the main inspiration for the entire series. When I started playing more obscure games, I couldn't find anything at all about the game. I just had to play through the whole thing myself and figure it out. It wasn't until later on when I wanted to know more about the mascot character that I found from a poor translation of a Japanese site that the penguins are the tropical type, they excite easily, and they sleep when they are alone and/or bored. These penguins just want to live in peace, and throughout the story mode in the game they must constantly fight against people that want to capture them including poachers, witch doctors, and mad scientists. So you're probably wondering if any of this is related at all to why I chose it as my mascot..well, there's no special meaning. Mr Fribbles is just a cute penguin, that's all. No seriously, that's all there is to it. Oh look! It's the First Episode of Mel the Office Gamer Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment